Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology – Lecturer Scale 12 (XII) – Two (2) posts, Latest Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
Duties and Responsibilities
An individual appointed as a Lecturer shall:
- teach and assess courses in one’s discipline at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- supervise undergraduate students’ projects and other experiential learning programmes;
- supervise dissertations/theses at postgraduate level;
- participate in the development/ review of undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- initiate, promote and participate in research projects;
- provide professional and community services, and initiate strategic training and research partnerships and finkages, and undertake fundraising for the University; and
- carry out administrative and such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:-
have a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) from an accredited recognized academic institution;
- have a minimum of twelve (12) research publication output points from refereed scholarly journals and two (2) points from publications in conference proceedings,
- have a minimum of thirty two (32) publication points if the applicant is from a research institution,
- have a minimum of six (6) publication points if the applicant is from practice/industry,
- show evidence of evaluated effective teaching and / or research;
- show evidence of recognition and registration by the relevant regulatory body where applicable; and
- show evidence of membership or affiliation of the relevant professional body where applicable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward ten (10) copies of application package, including updated curriculum vitae, giving details of the applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three referees plus copies of certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated on both application letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:-
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics, Research, Extension & Student Affairs)
P.O. Box 3900-30100
So as to reach him not later than Tuesday 13th June, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations under sealed envelopes within three (3) weeks from the date of this advertisement. For those employment, applications should be channelled through Chairs of Departments.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification;
- This advertisement is STRICTLY meant for Members of Staff i.e. employees of Moi University with personal numbers;
- Applications from external candidates shall neither be acknowledged nor processed;
- Moi University is an equal opportunity employer and, therefore, applicants of both gender and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.