Biology/Chemistry Internship, Kenyan Internships 2023,
SCHOOL CODE: 14701233031
NAME OF SCHOOL: ST. JAMES KAIKOR BOYS
- The Internship positions will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
MONTHLY STIPEND FOR TEACHER INTERNS
- This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher interns attached to secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 20,000/-. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
- On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher interns will be awarded a certificate.
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education with a minimum mean Grade of C+ (plus) and C+ (plus) in two teaching Subjects in KCSE or its equivalent;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- The Commission’s Recruitment Guidelines for the recruitment of Teacher Interns 2022/2023 Financial Year (Post Primary Institutions) shall apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Selection of Candidates will strictly be on merit and based on the number of vacancies per County.
- Applicants who were previously employed by the Teachers Service Commission on permanent and pensionable and those who have served under TSC internship programme are not eligible.
- An applicant is allowed to apply in two schools where appropriate vacancies have been declared.
- Successful candidates must not take more than one Offer of Internship Engagement. Taking two or more offers of internship engagement will lead to disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
How to Apply