P1 Teacher Primary School – Languages Required.
To prepare and deliver high-quality lessons in line with the school’s vision and mission.
- Minimum Qualification:Certificate
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Title: P1 Teacher Primary School – Languages
Gross Salary: Ksh 30,000
Our Client is a school based in Kiambu County. They are seeking to hire a P1 Teacher for their Primary School.
• To prepare and deliver high-quality lessons in line with the school’s vision and mission.
• To collaboratively develop unit and lesson plans for the curriculum
• To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so that they make progress, achieve
• their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
• Produce documents such as Unit plans, Records of Work, Course outlines, class analyses etc.
• Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
• Involve the learners in different learning activities such as storytelling, role plays, numbers and letters recognition, etc.
• Displaying learners’ work in the classroom to showcase their abilities and finished projects.
• Look after the children’s basic needs like feeding, well-being, and academic progress.
• Plan regular excursions to expose them to different environments. Monitor the learners attentively and make sure they remain safe around school grounds.
• Observe the behaviour of children and help them improve it by building self-confidence and teaching social values.
• To guide learners with learning differences and behavioural challenges. Guide learners on how to socialize with peers and encourage them to resolve small arguments independently.
• Teach the learners the importance of cleanliness and good manners.
• Manage and update the progress of children and create reports for parents.
• Keep the classrooms clean as per the health safety standards.
• Accompany learners during transit to ensure their safety and comfort.
• Hold a PTE Certificate (P1 certificate) from KNEC
• Must be registered by the TSC
• Over 5 years with teaching record for Language (English and Swahili) in upper primary classes
• A Primary-trained teacher able to handle upper primary classes
• Have good classroom management skills
• A team player with good command of written and spoken English
• Be conversant with the CBC curriculum
• Good knowledge of Childhood Development.
• Passionate about 21st Century teaching skills and I.T. savvy.
• Creative and good teaching/reading abilities.
• Patient and hands-on with children.
• Good intra and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledgeable in modern pedagogy and demonstrable teaching practices.
• Innovative and creative individual.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Candidates above 35 years are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (P1 Teacher – Languages) before 3rd June 2023.