For appointment to this rank, an officer must have: –
- Served in the rank of Superintendent of Kenya Police for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Criminology, Law, Police Science, Education, Security Management and Police Work, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, Peace Building Conflict Management, Physical Education, Music, Media and Public Relations, Sociology, Risk and Disaster Management, or any other course related to police work/security or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in any of the following fields: – Criminology, Law, Police Science, Education, Security Management and Police Work, Public Administration, Strategic Management, Human Resource Management, Peace Building and Conflict Management, Physical Education, Music, Media and Public Relations, Sociology, Risk and Disaster Management or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Passed all Gazetted Officers Examination Papers;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Command Programme lasting not less than three (3) months from recognized institution;
- No disciplinary conviction or adverse report in the last six (6) months;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity and Article 232 on Values and Principles of Public Service; and
- Shown proven merit and ability in work performance and results.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advertisement should not be included.
- The National Police Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution, Chapter 232(1), on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews, and meet the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Detailed Job Requirements to be obtained at the Commission’s website www.npsc.go.ke
How to Apply
Interested and qualified police officers are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission recruitment portal: https://services.npsc.go.ke/recruitment.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 30th June, 2023 latest 5:00 pm (East African Time).
COMMISSION SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NATIONAL POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION