Chief Driver Job, Latest Kenyan Driver Jobs 2023,
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve driving the assigned vehicle; carrying out routine check on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brakes9 tyre pressure; and brake systems etc; delEcTing and .reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems; maintenance of work ticket (s) for Vehicle(s) assign; ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road; overseeing safety of passengers and/or goods therein; and maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle (s). In addition9 the officer may be required to supervise and guide staff working under him/her in a small transport unit.
- Served in the grade of Senior Driver CSG12/ JG ‘H’ hr a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test I for Drivers;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) the officer is required to drive;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in work performance and results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their application by completing ONE Psc2 (Revised 2016) application form. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke.
- Candidates should attach copies of academic? professional certificates and transcripts to the application form. ALL the details requested for in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The State Department for Public Works is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution _ Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINAZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to presents fake certificate/ documents.
- All serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview
The Completed application form should be sent
The principal secretary, state department for public works,
P.O BOX 30743-00100
or be hand delivered to the office of director of Human Resource Management and Development, State department for public works at work building 13 Floor Room 1305 Upper Hill along Ngong Road, Nairobi, on or before 23rd June, 2023 latest 5.00 pm (East African time).