The job holder is responsible for strategic business support on the people agenda by aligning business objectives with employees and management. The position formulates partnerships to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The holder of the position maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Support the business in formulating and implementing value adding strategic HR Functional plans that deliver business results such as Supporting the HR Due Diligence process.
- Talent Management routines in planning and talent acquisition, performance management, reward management, employee engagement, HR compliance and operations, and Succession Planning
- Provide professional and timely employee relations advice and guidance to managers and colleagues.
- Provide coaching and support as required and be comfortable influencing and challenging where appropriate.
- Implementation of a performance management system with a clear line the business’ strategic objective and ensure that every staff member can clearly understand the link between the individual’s efforts and the business performance as well the measurement of the same.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, employee engagement, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Interpret and provide advice on HR policy and variations across the Business unit, supporting managers in the practical implementation of HR policies, employment legislation and best practice.
- Provide advice and guidance for disciplinary hearings and other types of hearings and where appropriate offer advice and guidance to the panel.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyses trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Contract management: Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Learning & Development: Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Ensures that all payroll instructions are prepared, logged, and submitted to the service provider in a timely manner and meet the Group’s monthly payroll run.
- Reward and Benefits Management- including pensions, Medical, GPA/WIBA, Group Life and ensuring timely renewal of the insurance benefits
- Records Management: Preparing employee documentation including but not limited to employment contracts, offers of employment and letters of reference, Ensuring the collection, storage, and management of important relevant Human Resources documentation in both electronic and hard copy format through a clear and concise reference system, Ensuring that the human resources database consistently and accurately reflects the current staff details and conditions.
- HR Reporting- Prepare HR Reports as required eg Board Papers
- Good Understanding of the Centum business and the work of the functional Business Units
- Good understanding of clients and the organizational culture
- Ability to be innovative and a creative problem solver.
- Good analytical skills including the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to inspire trust and build value-based relationships.
- Understanding HR Policies and procedures deeply as well as Kenya HR labour Laws.
- Service Orientation – responsive to client needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate timely manner.
- Able to communicate effectively through writing and oral presentations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member; must interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Holder of a Post graduate diploma in Human Resource.
- Registered and certified member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a valid practising certificate.
- At least eight years and above work experience as a Human Resource Business partner or a generalist within the Human Resource function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and/or line operations.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above requirements can submit their application on or before 25th June 2023.