Home School Teaching . Apply!
Posted30 Jun 2023 Closing date7 Jul 2023
Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART), is a non-governmental organization based in Nairobi and dedicated to fighting human trafficking in Eastern Africa. HAART works through a multi-disciplinary approach applying the UN Four P’s Strategy to combat trafficking in persons: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Policy and Partnership. HAART is one of the key counter-trafficking organizations in Kenya addressing the issue of human trafficking by supporting the people most affected by it and also developing best practices in the movement.
**Project title:**In-house education program at the HAART Shelter
Targeted Group: Girl victims of human trafficking
Project Assignment: Provide a home-schooling environment for HAART beneficiaries at the shelter.
The HAART Shelter is currently providing a temporary shelter for girls who have been rescued from exploitative and abusive situations caused by human trafficking. The Shelter offers a safe space for these children to recover from their traumatic experience. They are provided with rehabilitative services aimed to reduce the individual’s vulnerability and avoid re-trafficking after reintegration. To ensure continuity of education, three trained teachers covering at least two teaching subjects each shall facilitate the learning sessions.
We aim to ensure girls enjoy the right to education by enabling continuity of learning during their stay at the shelter and even after reintegration back into their community.
We are convinced that by providing an environment of acceptance and care accompanied by the guidance of a professional team, this aim can be reached, believing in every child’s dignity and right to a healthy and self-determined future.
Objectives of the Assignment:
- Develop lesson plans, lesson notes, timetables and other training materials.
- Provide lists of needed learning materials to the shelter manager
- Conduct assessment for the girls at the onset of learning, mid-way and at the end of the contract period.
- Train the beneficiaries on various subjects in line with the education curriculum.
- Develop a final assessment report for each girl.
Approach_The assignment will be delivered as follows:
- Consultative meeting with the Shelter Manager
- Provision of learning/teaching sessions in the agreed frequency and timeframe
- Ensure records are kept properly and that the principle of confidentiality is adhered to.
- Provide monthly assessment reports.
Duration of the Assignment
The assignment will be on a need basis and is to be completed within the agreed time period from the day of Agreement signing between HAART Kenya and the awarded Consultant. The applicant needs to provide a schedule of how to deliver the assignment.
Essential Criteria and Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in education (with at least two teaching subjects out of the following: English, Kiswahili, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Business studies) and must be registered with TSC.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Must possess good teaching/training skills.
- Computer skills are necessary, especially in the Office Suite.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build harmonious relationships with beneficiaries from different cultural backgrounds.
- Have knowledge of working with youth and vulnerable groups.
- Must be in possession of certificate of good conduct
- High-level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Evidence of having undertaken a similar assignment is an added advantage
- Availability & flexibility to provide required services on a needs basis.
The technical proposal must detail the following:
- Objectives and understanding of the assignment.
- Expected outputs and products.
- Demonstrated experience in similar assignments.
- Financial proposal in Kenyan shillings for the entire assignment
How to apply
All our associates are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
This TOR summarizes the main duties of the assignment It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of engagement. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, proposals and references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Home School Teaching” as the subject of your email, latest by 7th of July, 2023. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/job-openings/ for an updated version of the application.
No Fee Charged
HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).