Trending NGO Jobs Selected Just For You! Apply!
Project Manager Job, Latest Project Management Jobs In Kenya 2023.
Title: Project Manager,
Corporate Africa is looking to hire a Project Manager who is required at the start of every week and each and every day to ensure that sales executives have (a) Project to work on (b) A pitch and appropriate leads, references and other requirements to do the job. The Project Manager is the company’s foremost employee responsible for the execution of management strategies and objectives to achieve weekly, monthly and annual sales revenue targets
- Working with Management to develop marketing and sales / promotional content etc.., and overseeing all pilot projects and marketing tests.
- Sourcing and supplying leads for marketing sales executives.
- Leading Management Voice to add value to client supporting sales execs to ensure that potential customers understand packages, prices, value, and benefits.
- Helping Sales Executives to close deals; motivate sales team leaders and teams.
- Oversee daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets; that they are being pursued and are achieved.
- Discipline team and contribute to a good, stable and empowering environment.
- Devise, review, and implement incentives that would lead to maximum sales.
- Building teams by recruiting and creating a winning team spirit and mentality.
- Devise structures with management in which the team operates and inform the team of news and current events and developments and opinions that could impact their project.
- Together with Management Devise Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Train team members to be effective and confident communicators capable of realizing individual and team targets.
- With Management develop team leaders and all projects and marketing plans.
- Obtain daily briefings about political and commercial developments or trends from corporate news including FT, Wall Street Journal, Business day, and Nation Media to better shape the project and its delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of project management or related experience.
- Must have Sales/marketing experience from a magazine or newspaper media group like Nation Media, Standard Group etc.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Supply Chain Officer Job Danish Refugee Council
Supply Chain Officer Job, Latest NGO Vacancies In Kenya 2023,
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Officer main objective is to provide efficient and effective procurement implementation and smooth running of procurement, asset and inventory management operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook prescribed Quality Standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out procurement in compliance with DRC and relevant external rules/regulations in a timely manner with a value-for-money lens and with a high level of integrity; ensuring all procurements are thoroughly documented and properly archived and that items are received in good time and meet requestor specification
- Execute purchase requisitions by sending request for quotations, receiving bids, analyzing and raising of purchase orders and/or preparing service contracts and follow up on deliveries of orders with suppliers
- Ensure that the physical and electronic filing/archiving of all procurements is properly maintained.
- Ensure close tracking of all service contracts issued by the country programme including office/compound lease agreements, security services contracts, Internet Service Providers, Vehicle & Asset Insurances
- Manages all import/export issues; ensures lessons and feedback from procurements are documented and acted on.
- Support in the analysis of market prices for establishment of the Kenya Program Price List
- Support in ensuring documented adherence to procurement plans in assigned DRC KE locations in close liaison with relevant managers
- Assist in reviewing payment documents, raising and processing payment requests of procurements for assigned locations
- Take lead in sharing Procurement Status Report (PSR) for assigned locations referencing DRC Dynamics PowerBi and other related procurement reports
Asset & Inventory Management
- Ensures DRC stores/warehouses and stock in assigned locations are managed according to DRC policies and items are disposed of as per DRC and donor rules/regulations.
- Ensure that procured stocks are received, registered, and dispatched in an efficient and accountable manner.
- Ensure that the filing system of records of all stock movements are documented for rigorous archiving when required for audit
- Conduct physical stock checks periodically in assigned locations and liaise with responsible SC officer to investigates discrepancies.
- Support the establishment/decommissioning of DRC warehouses; ensures adherence to warehouse safety standards including insurance.
- Support in receiving in-transit supplies from vendors and raise relevant documents, check and count incoming stock and reconcile it with requisitions and purchase orders before dispatching to the relevant field offices
- Responsible for accurate assets registration, tracking, tagging, and archiving of asset lists/registers and in DRC Dynamics
- In collaboration with field based SCOs, ensure appropriate documentation of all assets in the field and report any damage.
- Bi-annually, conduct a physical verification of all assets in the Assets Register to ensure that all asset inventory is tagged, recorded and reported to management in accordance with DRC’s guidelines.
- Oversees repair/maintenance of office assets, equipment and machines as needed.
- Any other duties as agreed with the HoSS
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian Logistics/Supply Chain management
- Proven experience supporting the implementation of large-scale programs in INGOs.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Experience working with ERP systems will be an added advantage
- Degree in Business Management/Administration/Supply Chain or Procurement management.
- CIPS certification is considered an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Internal: Programmes units, HR department, Finance department, Regional Office & HQ
- External:Suppliers, NGOs, Beneficiaries, Donors,
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Deadline closes 19th July 2023
How to Apply
Senior Programme Management Officer, P5 Job UNEP
Senior Programme Management Officer, P5 Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- Leadership and management of Global Environmental Monitoring Unit, Data Collection and Analysis as per the programme of work of the Big Data Branch within the Science Division. Ensure, the full integration of global environmental monitoring data collection and analysis within the World Environment Situation Room – UNEP Data, Information and Knowledge platform:
- Developing the strategic approach to the work of the Unit aimed to deliver the relevant mandates of the Big Data Branch, EWAD, and UNEP in a context of sustainable development and supervise the staff to implement the relevant activities;
- Planning, co-coordinating and mobilizing resources to implement programmes and activities related to global environmental monitoring, data collection and analysis and early warning services, working with partner institutions and networks of experts that will enhance the scientific credibility of UNEP’s Data programme;
- Implementing methods and procedures to integrate and analyze global, regional and national Global Environmental Monitoring Systems (GEMs), data quality and trends of environmental conditions as an element of integrated data analysis and early warning services;
- Developing and co-coordinating global and regional technical and scientific co-operation networks in the areas of global environmental monitoring, data analysis, comprising: scientific institutions, governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental organizations in UN regions, intergovernmental organizations active in the field of relevant thematic assessments as mechanisms for co-operation and consultation for the production of global and regional thematic environmental data analysis and monitoring systems;
- Initiating and maintaining agreements, processes and procedures with specialized scientific institutions as well as governmental and intergovernmental structures involved in thematic data analysis of global significance;
- As necessary and appropriate, integrating the scientific thematic global environmental monitoring processes with the Data Collection and Analysis, monitoring, capacity building, technical co- operation activities of the Big Data Branch, Division and in close cooperation with UNEP’s divisions, strategic partners and relevant national, international organizations’ and programmes.
- Liaise through the Big Data Branch and Science Division arrangements with the UN system agencies and with other international and non-governmental organisations and national focal points with respect to intergovernmental assessments activities, focused environmental Early Warning and analytics, environmental monitoring and early warning services, programmes and outputs, capacity building and broker partnerships and collaboration:
- Prepare and organize intergovernmental, inter-agency and expert meetings required to implement the work of the Unit and of the Big Data Branch;
- Participate as requested and approved by the Chief of Big Data Branch, in international scientific advisory groups and speak at seminars, symposia and other meetings.
- Oversee and contribute to the preparation of outputs and reports;
- Oversee the preparation of project documents, Memoranda of Understanding, identify and supervise consultants, staff and interns in support of the above;
- Oversee the implementation of the Programme of work and budget planning, reporting and evaluation; Assume the overall leadership of the Global Environmental Monitoring within the Big Data Branch, oversee and be accountable for the implementation of the Programme of Work and budget planning, reporting and evaluation.
- Leads team members efforts to collect and analyze data and provides insight to identify trends or patterns for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting. Ensures that everyone can discover, access, integrate and share the data they need.
- Support and contribute to the overall programme of work of the Big Data Branch, the programme planning and evaluation and perform other related duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches related to global environmental monitoring. Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks. Ability to generate and communicate broad and compelling organizational direction by promoting sustainable human settlement development and related programmes, policies and strategies. Demonstrated ability to provide expert advisory services and developing and supervising the execution of priority projects and programmes in a cost effective and efficient manner. Ability to communicate clearly links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals. Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks at the regional and national level. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow; empowers others to translate vision into results; Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvement; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- JUDGEMENT AND DECISION-MAKING: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; Gathers relevant information before making a decision; Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; Checks assumptions against facts; Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; Makes tough decisions when necessary.
- Advanced university degree (masters degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences, natural resources, economics or environmental management or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience maybe accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, environmental monitoring and reporting, data collection and analysis, planning, resource management, capacity building, partnership development or related area is required.
- At least five (5) years experience of progressive responsibility at the national, regional and/or international level is desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations system or a comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
How to Apply
Regional Sponsorship Program Advisor, ESA Job Save the Children
Regional Sponsorship Program Advisor, ESA Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- The role holder will work cross-functionally with operations, program, and sponsorship office colleagues to ensure effective implementation and opportunities for improvement by evaluating the quality of Sponsorship funded programs; the use of Sponsorship funds; and the level of understanding & compliance with Sponsorship procedures. The role holder will monitor performance of sponsorship programme and ensure compliance with global standards, procedures, policies, practices and tools for all aspects of Sponsorship management. The role holder will also facilitate quality technical support is available to help Sponsorship Offices achieve quality programs and impact for children.
- Additionally, the role holder will support global level sponsorship team as needed in operationalization of changes to the sponsorship model across locations and functions. This position will require occasional travel to Save the Children International London, country or regional offices to support sponsorship delivery.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: ESA Regional Programme Operations Director with a dotted line to Global Sponsorship Operations
- The role holder will need to work closely with many different staff across the organisation and the Save the Children member organisations and will need to build a network of key contacts relevant to their role and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
Ensure high quality Sponsorship programme management
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the effective implementation of Sponsorship programs and deliverables according to the project timeline in Sponsorship Offices and SCI systems (PMM, PRIME, ProSave and Projects on Track). This involves leading and/or providing strategic support for start-up, phase-over or exit of Sponsorship programming in a country.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports and indicators to determine areas where there are performance issues and/or compliance concerns and best practices; work closely with sponsorship teams in developing action improvement steps for areas of concern. Provide inputs to bi-annual Sponsorship Scorecards, as required.
- Ensure quality long-term plans are in place for all Sponsorship funded programs. Support countries to identify support for programming issues and escalating to PQIS if program re-design is required.
- Use Sponsorship data-driven tools (e.g. risk matrix, Quality Framework, Sponsorship Country Strategic plans, Safeguarding) and resources provided at global level to ensure performance gaps are addressed and to ensure that Sponsorship Offices have a clear and consistent understanding of the minimum requirements for achieving quality in sponsorship.
- Respond to Child Information Management (CIM) team and Global Sponsorship Operations (GSO) concerns regarding sponsorship enrolment and availability levels to ensure scheduled transfers, sponsor acquisitions and day-to-day operations are effective.
- Review Annual Family Update (AFU) plans, in conjunction with Child Information Management (CIM) team, for completeness and risk mitigation.
- Review monthly sponsorship financial dashboard (provided by SCI Centre) to ensure effective and correct utilization of Sponsorship funding as well as adherence to policies such as: Program/Admin split, sponsor and child services charges, correct expense coding, burn rate, ICR and CAM.
- Provide first-line business partnership for Sponsorship Offices regarding Sponsorship specific policies and procedures. Escalate to global stakeholders as needed.
Effective Management of Risks & Sponsorship Reviews
- Ensure sponsorship offices adhere to Sponsorship and SCI/Member Safeguarding practices and policies.
- Monitor country office and member office compliance on risk assessments, breach of policies and sponsorship procedures. Review risks assessments of sponsorship awards with specific lens to child safeguarding and data privacy among other risks.
- Complete quarterly correspondence review for respective portfolio of countries, using templates from the global Sponsorship team. Ensure spots checks for grooming and safeguarding risks are done regularly and on time.
- Engage country leadership in escalated emergencies and/or discussions regarding low performance and quality improvement plans. Engage global Sponsorship to agree course of action when major disruption to sponsor and child services.
- Circulate Sponsorship Emergency Notification Form, template and process managed at global level, as needed when an emergency directly impacts implementation of sponsorship programme and individual child sponsorships.
- Lead in-country Sponsorship reviews, when applicable. Train Sponsorship review team members on conducting reviews, as needed.
- Ensure construction standards are met in annual plans and Project Sponsorship (including gender equality & social inclusion [GESI], safety, safeguarding etc.)
Oversight of Sponsorship Reporting Requirements
- Review Sponsorship reports, including Sponsorship Annual Plan (SAP) and Sponsorship Annual Report (SAR), for completeness and alignment with CSPs, safeguarding and fiscal standards.
- Review reports for TE requests to identify gaps in support. Support SOs in filling planned requests.
- Review Sponsorship section of Quality Framework Self-Assessment for completeness and accuracy, and PART (Proposal & Award Risk Monitoring Tool).
- Review Sponsorship program baselines and endlines for completeness before submission for technical review.
- Identify, prioritize and work with sponsorship office staff to improve financial, operational and programmatic issues based on results shared.
- Ensure Sponsorship is integrated into regional KM and learning processes (e.g. Learning Log, Learning Agendas)
Support to Global Sponsorship Team & Change Management
- Provide support to Sponsorship new programme model, currently being piloted in 4 countries, as needed and relevant based on assigned portfolio of countries.
- Support roll-out of new 10-year sponsorship programme cycle and revised phase over process, based on learnings from the Proof of Concept pilot.
- Provide knowledge management support at global level for sponsorship operations.
- Lead tasks as needed to ensure successful implementation of sponsorship model changes agreed by the Sponsorship Steering Group, including revisions to direction of Individual Child Sponsorship (ICS), GeoPresence or phase over process.
- Participate in regular Sponsorship team meetings to reflect issues and learning from assigned portfolio and global trends.
- Lead necessary revisions for phase-over resources and tools, as well as effective management and support for all upcoming phase-overs in Sponsorship Global Portfolio.
Values in Practice
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 5 years of experience in non-profit management or related field.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- Experience leading cross-functional, cross-departmental projects. Experience with quality improvement tools and approaches desired.
- Proven experience generating and analyzing data to identity and frame issues, propose options supported by “what if” scenarios and financial model
- Demonstrated ability to create metrics to specify objectives and track progress versus key milestone
- Proven experience managing budgets and performing financial analyses
- Proven organizational skills; ability to prioritize among competing objectives and manage multiple complex tasks independently
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose situations or conditions using data and facts
- Proven planning, setting objectives and determining courses of action
- Demonstrated team player with strong leadership skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and ability to handle difficult situations with tact and professionalism.
- Professional proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
- MS Office proficiency skills
Experience & Skills
- Previous NGO experience with a good understanding of project management
- Proven influencing skills with the ability to communicate compliance requirements to stakeholders in the most appropriate way
- Proven planning, setting objectives and determining courses of action
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with the ability to draw out complex data from various different sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex issues to both staff and peers
- Ability to manage a varied workload quickly and efficiently, and work effectively under pressure to organise and prioritise work for yourself and others to ensure deadlines are met
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting
- Strong team skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels both within and outside the team
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and an awareness of what constitutes good practice
- Language skills, alongside English, particular in Spanish or French
- Ability to understand budget management and analyze financial reports
- Experience of working in a complex international organisation
- Experience working in across departments and in business process
- Experience managing multi-departmental projects and in business process
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set above are not exhaustive and the role holder maybe required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Apply before 26th July 2023 6:39PM
How to Apply