Current Accounting Job Vacancies You Must Apply For!
Accounting Services Director Job, Kenyan County Government Jobs 2023,
The Murang’a County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual appropriation accounts and other financial statements of the county government to facilitate the availability of additional funds as per the legislations
- Advice the County Government on accounting matters and reporting formats to ensure the county adhere to the accounting policies and procedures.iv. Implement performance contracting and management of accounting staff to enhance efficiency in resource use and effectiveness in service delivery.
- Monitor expenditure against the budget and processing vouchers for fund advances.
- Advice project leads on possibilities and constraints to save on costs overruns by ensuring projects are delivered on time as agreed.
- Make approvals as the final signatory to release payments within the allowed limit and escalate approvals for amounts above the defined limits to the Chief Officer, Finance and Economic Planning
- Supervise staff including assignment of relevant duties and responsibilities and ensure performance management for section staff Finance and Economic Planning
- Oversee the implementation of the approved accounting standards, policies and concepts to ensure compliance
- Supervise cash transactions and monitor bank balances and reconciliations to ensure resources are utilised according to the county plans.
- Oversee preparation of financial reports to ensure the county is compliant to the financial reporting standards as required by the legislations.
- Participate in the County Policy Making Committee to ensure the policies developed are compliant to the accounting principles and frameworks
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate audit of final accounts and ensure that any audit queries/recommendations are adequately addressed.
- Table the County’s audited final accounts to the Finance Committee for discussion and adoption
- Review and approve the final external (annual) report in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of all information provided (financial and non-financial) therein.
- Preparation of payments
- Supervise records and budget implementation unit.
- Salary Scale: The salary will be in Job Group “R” and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or other relevant professional body and in good standing;
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant professional experience in financial management/ Revenue mobilization, five years of which should have been in a Senior leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution 2010 on Leadership and Integrity
How to Apply
Details of the vacancies can be accessed at our website www.muranga.go.ke. Applicants should apply online using the link New Job Application | Muranga County Government on or before Tuesday 25TH July, 2023.
- Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
- Any Form of Canvassing Shall Lead to Automatic Disqualification.
- Women, Minorities and Persons Living with Disabilities are Encouraged to Apply.
- Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Required to Produce Their Original Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, Clearance And Other Relevant Documents In Support Of Their Applications.
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Manager, Internal Audit Job Standard Bank Group
Manager, Internal Audit Job, Current Audit Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Country’s Internal Audit’s strategy by applying insights from the Group Internal Audit (GIA)/Standard Bank Group/Country/Business Unit strategy and operating model, products, services, client-base and competitive environment, industry and wider developments, regulatory environment, business developments and changes, operations, risk management practices and global assurance practices.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with senior management across business, functional and risk management areas to enable GIA’s strategy and achievement of objectives.
- Prepare reports for the subsidiary Board Audit committees and Management Risk Committees.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders across the audit portfolio to share and leverage risk management practices, tools, and capabilities, and drive an aligned and integrated approach to assurance and risk management.
- Assess and influence risk culture across the organisation, through stakeholder engagement, contribution to governance forums, and holding relevant stakeholders to account to drive the right risk culture.
- Assess, identify, and report on practices in the audit portfolio which negatively impact client experience and raise recommendations to improve client experience.
Licence to Operate
- Understand and manage adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements in the country for the audit portfolio, incorporating all relevant jurisdictional requirements.
- Understand and manage adherence to GIA methodology, applicable internal policies, processes, and procedures for audit teams under remit.
- Adhere to GIA methodology, policies, and procedures. Manage adherence of team members on audit projects. Guide team members to enhance their understanding and application of GIA methodology, policies, and procedures.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Manage the development and maintenance of a risk assessment on all areas of risk origination and risk management within the audit portfolio, covering all the risk types to inform audit planning and reporting.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a risk-based, resourced, and relevant assurance plan for the audit portfolio.
- Manage the development of a risk-based audit project scope. Drive the process to ensure all relevant GIA technical and experienced input is obtained. Contribute through strategic insights and obtain all required GIA approvals. Manage the communication of the scope to auditees for the area under review.
- Manage the completion of audit fieldwork and audit project reporting, including drafting the audit report. Engage all relevant GIA specialists to obtain input and agreement of the audit report. Contribute strategic and portfolio wide insights and drive accurate, risk-based, audit outcomes which lead to effective, efficient, sustainable and client centric management of risk. Lead discussion of potential outcomes with relevant senior portfolio stakeholders.
- Manage audit project closure within agreed timelines and in accordance with GIA methodology.
- Provide oversight over audit findings management for the portfolio. Monitor and analyse finding status data and report data and insights to relevant portfolio stakeholders and governance committees. Review finding closures and extension requests by management and propose ‘Approve or reject’ decisions.
- Prepare reports for portfolio governance committees providing collective audit outcomes and opinions, audit metrics, risk assessments, risk themes, risk insights and risk foresights on the portfolio. Engage across GIA to draw insights from other areas impacting the portfolio.
Technology & Architecture
- Contribute to GIA’s technology strategy and implementation. Apply insights on practical audit needs, and from leading technology developments in wider fields, in financial services, within SBG and in risk and assurance practices.
- Manage projects and resources effectively delivering projects within approved resource hours and timelines.
- Lead and manage individuals to deliver against objectives, provide feedback, guide, and enable technical, behavioural and leadership development, and assess and manage performance.
- Drive training and awareness on the use of data.
- Implement data analytics use cases across the portfolio to enable automated assurance.
- Drive and manage the effective use of GIA data for reporting to progressively develop GIA’s impact on the risk and control environment.
- Type of Qualification: First Degree
- Field of Study: Audit
- Other Minimum Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
- Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CA, ACMA, CIA, CISA, ASCI
Type of Qualification
Field of Study
- Post graduate degree
- Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Audit, IT, Data
- Other Preferred Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
- Member in good standing of either ICPAK, IIA or CISI
- Internal Audit
- 1-2 years
- Experience analysing complex sets of data to interpret, visualise and identify trends Understanding of IT controls.
- 5-8 years
- Planning and executing audits. Managing and engaging with various stakeholders at a Senior Level. Experience in managing and leading teams with a proven track record of delegating and prioritizing tasks.
- Developing Strategies
- Documenting Facts
- Establishing Rapport
- Examining Information
- Generating Ideas
- Interacting with People
- Interpreting Data
- Making Decisions
- Meeting Timescales
- Producing Output
- Taking Action
- Upholding Standards
- Audit Project Management
- Business Acumen (Audit)
- IA Data Analysis
- IA Technology Application
- Internal Auditing
- Maintain IA Professional Practices
How to Apply
Head of Finance Job Development Bank of Kenya
Head of Finance Job, Latest Finance Jobs In Kenya,
- This position ensures the Bank operates in the most efficient and effective manner through provision of timely and accurate financial information for decision making, establishment and maintenance of an internal control system of financial information management that ensures/ assures the integrity of financial information of the Bank as well as safeguarding the bank’s business and its assets, compliance with both statutory and regulatory requirements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards, the Banking Act, Prudential Guidelines, the companies Act, the income tax Act and other applicable laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the strategic objectives of Bank as directed by the Chief Executive;
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the adopted vision and core values of the bank;
- Strategy Formulation- Mapping out and preparing the Bank’s financial plans both medium and long term, articulation of the overall goals and objectives and the strategies to achieve the same.
- Reporting: provision of accurate and timely reports as follows:
- Statutory Reports. These are reports that conform to International Financial Reporting standards in all respects.
- Regulatory reports. Reports in line with prudential guidelines and the Banking Act, ranging from daily, monthly, quarterly and annual audited reports.
- Management reports. Generation of various reports to both management and the board such as profit and loss, balance sheet and liquidity reports. These are both standard management reports and on a need basis reports.
- Taxation requirements. These includes various tax computation in line with taxation law, filing on time, accurate returns and responding to tax enquiries.
- Budget preparation – Preparation of various budgets required for short term (up to one year) planning.
- Managing the accounting function. Managing the department that processes the accounting information of the Bank as well as creation of strong internal control systems i.e. developing and implementing a coherent, comprehensive, effective and efficient systems of controls and procedures to safeguard the banks business as well as its assets.
- Fund mobilization- Put in place strategies that guide the bank on sourcing of long- term lines of credit and wholesale deposits for on lending.
- Monitoring performance, growth and profitability management- Managing the bank’s growth and profitability trends through analysis and evaluation of various opportunities to the bank and advising the Board of Directors on those projects with the potential of eventually increasing shareholders’ value.
- Cost management-This is achieved through professional guidance on procurement of services and goods in a way that cost leakages are minimized in order to ensure that the bank attains maximum value for its resources.
- Administrative Function such as Bank’s facilities management, procurement, management of the Bank’s payroll system and fixed assets management
- Coordination of the various external audits and inspections. These include Statutory Audits, Central Bank inspections and KRA audits.
- Ensure compliance with Public Financial Management Act, International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), ISO Standards and applicable directives received from the Executive arm of Government;
- Measure the effectiveness of all processes internal and external, and providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the bank;
- Overseeing the management and administration of budgets, whilst forecasting additional resources and recommending adjustments as necessary;
- Co-ordinating the implementation of key organization transformation projects designated to Finance division;
- Assessing and managing the principal risks of the operations (proposals, projects and staffing);
- Review, develop and execute the finance business plans in line with the overall strategic objectives;
- Oversee the finance function, ensuring proper management of financial affairs and advising the bank on financial planning strategies and policies; monitoring the budget; and ensuring that annual financial statements are prepared on time;
- Safeguarding financial resources of the bank
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option), or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- At least twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management role;
- Professional qualifications i.e. Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K), or any other.
- Excellent project management skills
- Member of professional body in good standing;
- Leadership courses from recognised institutions;
- Member of a professional body recognized in Kenya;
- A very good understanding of Accounting standard
- A thorough understanding of the Banking Act and prudential guidelines
- A thorough understanding of Taxation laws in place
- Knowledge of the required accounting software is a must.
- A good understanding of business law and Banking law
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should email their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees by 28th July 2023.
Use the email email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Compliance Officer at Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA)
Compliance Officer Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Ref: SASRA/HRA/1000/09/VOL. I (121)
Implement the legal and regulatory framework on prudential supervision and market conduct to enhance the financial stability of the Sacco sub-sector, to enhance sound and fair conduct of Sacco business and empowerment of consumers.
- Assisting in assessment of license renewal applications as per the laid down procedures.
- Ensuring timely submission of regulatory returns and any adhoc reports by the Saccos.
- Assisting to check completeness and accuracy of the regulatory returns.
- Assisting in basic analysis of the financial and related data from the regulatory returns to understand performance and compliance status of the assigned Saccos.
- Understanding the prudential and market conduct regulatory framework in relation to performance of the Sacco societies
- Assisting in the inspection of premises for new branches of SACCO societies in line with the regulations and guidelines and make appropriate recommendations.
- Assisting in assessing corporate approval requests (such as establishment of branches, agency business introduction of new loan products, initiation of shares drive among others) from SACCOs and making recommendations through the supervisors
- Assisting is updating the register of corporate approval requests and determinations thereof.
- Assist in updating data and information on financial, operation, management and governance profile of the Saccos.
- Assisting in inspections and drafting of reports
- Drafting letters and other correspondence to the Saccos
- Ensuring timely dispatch of information, general correspondences, and circulars to SACCOs assigned and confirming timely receipt by the SACCOs in line with the laid down policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: – Finance, Economics/Statistics, Cooperative Management, Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Law, ICT or any other relevant qualification from recognized institution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant Computer Application; and
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills
How to Apply
Other Mandatory Requirements
In addition, to academic qualifications, experience and person specifications referred to herein above, all successful candidates must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 before appointment by providing the following documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If your career profile matches the requirements of this position, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates and testimonials and Identity Card on or before 25th July 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Audit Manager Job KEFRI
Internal Audit Manager Job, Current Audit Jobs In Kenya July,
This position is responsible for strategic leadership in provision of independent, objective assurance and consulting services to ensure effective risk management, internal control and governance processes of the Institute.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures to achieve the Institute’s strategic objectives;
- Preparing risk based annual audit plans aligned to the Institute’s objectives for the continuous audit of risk management, internal controls and governance processes;
- Providing leadership to the Department when undertaking audit assignments to confirm the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal control systems through review of audit reports;
- Supervising and coordinating preparation of audit reports on completion of each audit assignment to ensure timely issuance to management for implementation of recommended actions;
- Preparing and presenting quarterly internal audit reports to the Board Audit Committee for deliberations and decision making;
- Monitoring implementation of audit recommendations and report findings to the Board Audit Committee and management;
- Providing leadership when undertaking special audit assignments/investigations to confirm whether there are material breaches in policies, procedures and relevant regulations through review of reports;
- Providing leadership to the Department when undertaking consulting and advisory services to offer advice and guidance to management in the development of control systems;
- Providing secretarial services to the Board Audit Committee to ensure all deliberations are accurately captured and that all board papers are dispatched in time to members of the Committee;
- Liaising with external auditors;
- Providing secretarial services to the Corruption Prevention Committee to ensure that all corruption prevention activities are reviewed and acted upon on a quarterly basis and compiling quarterly reports;
- Coordinating the implementation of the corruption prevention strategy and plan to promote effective management of corruption within the Institute; and
- Developing annual budget and work plans, to match operational requirements with available funds.
- At least thirteen (13) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been in a management role in a comparable position and institution;
- Masters degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (Kenya) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Member of the Institute of Certified Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing;
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) and in good standing;
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Minimum K.C.S.E C+ (Plus) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer applications;
- Demonstrated merit in work performance; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/mJH5wsskADY8UZJq5
Hard copy applications
- IN ADDITION to the online application, it is MANDATORY that all applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card.
- They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 31st July, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
- Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to:
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.