DIGITAL AND INFORMATION ANALYSIS OFFICER JOB
Posted8 Aug 2023 Closing date20 Aug 2023
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti.
The Digital and Information Analysis Officer 2 facilitates and supports the delegation’s decision making by providing actionable information analyses. Assesses and alerts on the potential impact that emerging issues and trends in public sources might have on ICRC’s operations, acceptance, and security liaising closely with the relevant departments. The incumbent supports the ICRC’s public communication work by producing, promoting, and distributing audio-visual news material for broadcasters and digital content (web videos, photography) etc.). They lead efforts to deliver compelling and engaging content (proactively and reactively) through the direct management of official social media channels.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plans, produces (from the concept stage to the final product), carrying out filming missions and scriptwriting as well as commissioning content, promotes and distributes communication products that target television and digital news broadcasters. Provides key input into communication strategies, shaping concepts to ensure products successfully reach intended audiences.
- Manages the photography needs of the office for both internal and external use.
- Manages external audio-visual suppliers, including writing contracts.
- Produces web-optimized content in specific languages to engage with key web audiences.
- Supports all staff in photography and audio-visual techniques and ensures that audio-visual information-management procedures are defined and respected.
- Develops digital strategies for the Delegation and lead on content execution and engagement with priority audiences.
- Ensures accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement. Develops and creates Audio Visual content for the delegation and in partnership with Audio-visual Producers, social media leads, Web Editors and Digital Officers primarily at headquarters and in collaboration with the regional communication centres.
- Creates best practices and develops innovative digital projects for official social media accounts and the website, engaging with and delivering content to priority audiences.
- Creates, edits, repurposes rich social media content, like posts and tweets, image slide shows, threads, gifs and video, with a clearly developed narrative and tone of voice.
- Manages official ICRC Nairobi social media accounts, posting content and responding to comments and direct messages in an appropriate fashion.
- Uses a variety of analytics tools (e.g. Facebook Business Manager) to identify and understand social media audiences and behavioural trends.
- Produces social media reports on the growth and audience of the accounts and how content is performing – and makes strategic recommendations based on results and implements them.
- Designs and runs social media campaigns that support the delegation’s operational priorities and public communication objectives – defining strategy and metrics, developing content, reaching out to social media influencers, and reporting on outcomes.
- Identifies and monitors a variety of public sources relevant for the ICRC on issues related to Delegation operational objectives and the ICRC institutional goals and reputation.
- Adds value to the information by connecting the dots between events, linking the information with the wider political, economic and social situation, bridging it with internal knowledge.
- Reports efficiently and succinctly on the selected information by providing contextualized information analysis with actionable recommendations.
- Formulates recommendations based on solid insights and analysis, to mitigate risks and seize opportunities regarding media and digital relations.
- In times of crisis, adapts the support and collaborates with relevant departments to produce actionable insights.
- Trains and coaches’ colleagues responsible for Environment Scanning in the Missions to ensure they can provide high quality analyses and reports on trends.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Minimum University degree or postgraduate studies in communication, marketing, journalism or international relations preferably with an audio-visual or digital background specialization.
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience, 3 of those in digital communication.
- Proficiency in content and design tools (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Illustrator etc).
- Proficiency in web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools (Photoshop).
- Deep understanding/expertise of social media platforms, analytics tools, and metrics.
- Excellent expertise in audio-visual hardware.
- Expertise in web editing search engine optimization and ad management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter).
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to communicate about technical matters to audiences in training settings.
- Excellent knowledge of the media and social media landscape
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset),
How to apply
The interested candidates should submit their application on or before the 20th August 2023 at 4:30 pm with their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and state current and expected remuneration, then fill up a job application form by clicking the link below to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Job application form
The reference Digital & Information Analysis Officer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates, and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE