Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Driving vehicles as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles;
- Detecting and report malfunctioning of vehicles system;
- Maintaining records of vehicles;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle;
- Ensure safety of the passengers and or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Ensuring adherence to or observations of traffic laws; and
- Reporting any incidents to police and/or the office immediately they occur.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience where applicable;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade of D+ or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade II;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- Customer Service Training Certificate from Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya police;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Terms of Employment:
Employment is for one (1) year contract as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
The following will be required during the interviews:- Certificate of good conduct, HigherEducation Loans Board compliance certificate, KRA Tax compliance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Kindly attach your cv, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/erecruitment – E-Recruitment Portal on or before 16th July, 2023 latest 5.00 p.m
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offerletter. If asked for a fee, report such requests immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted