Research assistant job Opportunity At Jhpiego APPLY!
Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
Jhpiego is planning to implement and evaluate a community peer-led HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) delivery model through the Catalyst Fund. The Catalyst Fund is an in-house innovation fund that supports the development and testing of bold, transformational and catalytic innovations that will improve the health of individuals in the communities we serve. The pilot study will be implemented in Nairobi County.
We are seeking two experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, the Research Assistants will support implementation of the study protocol and other related study activities.
- Ensuring compliance to the study protocol and procedures for all study components
- Recruiting participants for the study components
- Conducting all study components in the language preferred by participants (English and Kiswahili)
- Administering the informed consent process
- Administering cross-sectional surveys
- Moderating and taking notes during focus group discussions (FGDs), in-depth and key informant interviews (IDIs & KIIs)
- Transcribing audio-recordings from FGDs, IDIs and KIIs
- Tracking participants’ status for all study components
- Ensuring completeness of all data collected (recordings, field notes, survey)
- Prepare field data collection progress reports and routinely update the investigators
- Participating in study meetings (in-person, virtual conference calls)
- Assist in study logistics including participant reimbursements, handling and transportation of completed study materials
- Assisting with dissemination of study findings
- Diploma in public health, sociology, community health, social science or any other related qualification
- Degree qualification in the related field will be an added advantage
- Experience with community-based research for public health or clinical studies preferred
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience and training in conducting surveys, FGDs, IDIs and KIIs
- Knowledge and experience in use of electronic data collection software is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow study-specific procedures and guidelines reliably
- Experience conducting research with key populations will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to key populations cultural dynamics and worldviews
- Flexibility to work non-business hours due to the nature of the study
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English and Swahili
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
“Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans