Options Consultancy services is hiring! Apply Today
Virtual events planner
Posted14 Nov 2023Closing date21 Nov 2023
Options Consultancy Services is looking for a virtual events planner with proven expertise and experience to provide services to organise a virtual public event in commemoration of 16 days of activism against Gender-Based Violence, for The Girl Generation Programme.
Summary purpose and objective of role
The virtual events planner will collaborate with relevant staff to plan and prepare for a two-hour (2 virtual event on 7th December 2023), including pre-virtual event and post-virtual event activities including:
- Invitation of relevant stakeholders,
- Collaboration with French, Amharic and sign language interpreters,
- Run a pre-test mock virtual event,
- Develop a post-event web story and report,
- Edit the virtual event for sharing with stakeholders, among other tasks relevant to ensuring a successful event.
- Relevant advanced degree in communications or journalism studies
- Creative thinker
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in running virtual events
- Demonstrable experience in conducting virtual events CSOs/NGOs
- Strong commitment to the values and approach of TGG-ALM Programme, including a strong commitment to Do No Harm framework, safeguarding, girl-centred approach, survivor sensitive approaches, participation, gender equality, and the end to all forms of FGM/C and other forms of gender-based violence.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas: social change, communications, advocacy, gender, human rights, FGM/C;
- A collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed*.*
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form HERE.
- Closing date for applications is: 21 November 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).