Amazing job Openings at Kakenya’s Dream Organisation 7 Positions APPLY!
Kakenya’s Dream seeks to empower and motivate young girls through education to become agents of change and to break the cycle of destructive cultural practices in Kenya, such as female genital mutilation (FGM) and early forced marriage. These future leaders will improve their community, their nation, and the world. We challenge ourselves to come up with the best educational system for young African girls and we promise to share our models with others.
To fulfill our mandate we seek to recruit interested and qualified individuals to fill the various positions at our health clinic.
The job holders will work within our facility which is located in Isampin, Transmara West, and might be required to travel within the sub-county or the county whenever the need arises. The successful candidates might be required to commit some time over the weekends and in the evenings.
1. Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (2 Positions)
The Job holder shall ensure the effective delivery of quality nursing services to the health Centre catchment population.
- Complete head-to-toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patient’s needs, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions
- Carry out monitoring to include vital signs
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, and family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive, and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication, and report adverse reactions promptly.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with guidelines
- Prepare for and assist physicians in performing various procedures in the clinic.
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the Clinic Manager
- Identify patient and youth education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide a safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e., accurate and timely billing of clinic stock drugs and consumables
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the
- inventory and timely reporting and follow-up of non-functional equipment to the Clinic Manager.
- Participate in clinic-based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- A diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- At least two years of experience in a busy health facility
- Demonstrate evidence-based knowledge of the current practices in general nursing in an outpatient setup
- Experience in a youth-friendly facility is an added advantage
2. Medical Laboratory Technologist (1 Position)
The job holder shall actively contribute to improving the quality of care by ensuring quality laboratory services are delivered to the youth.
- Perform laboratory investigations as per the clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable, and timely results.
- Maintain order and smooth flow of patients.
- Ensure that all relevant laboratory records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Report any unusual statistics or observations to the Clinic Manager.
- Ensure the laboratory standard operating procedures are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Prepare the required stains, reagents, and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
- Observe proper safety standards in the laboratory.
- Timely submission of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those that can save time and improve reliability.
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- A diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- At least two years of practical relevant work experience
- Registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board
3. Social Worker (1 Position)
The job holder shall be responsible for patient care management, and assist patients and families in understanding patient conditions and treatments.
- Provide psycho-social support to patients and their relatives.
- Placement of abandoned patients through networking with other social support Agencies.
- Plan and organize post-hospitalization care and support.
- Participate in home-based care programs and rehabilitation of patients /and relatives.
- Repatriation of stranded patients.
- Protecting patients and support staff by adhering to Infection Control Protocols.
- Supporting Quality Assurance
- Ensuring compliance with the set standard operating procedures
- Prepare detailed annual plans, budgets, reports, and planning schedules.
- Holds regular reviews and assessments with all beneficiaries /target groups, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Maintain a healthy relationship at all times between the staff, families, and contact persons
- Carry out social assessments of the families and individuals referred from the health facilities. Conduct home visits to families assessed to verify further information given and also establish their economic status. Using the selection criteria and with the help of the other social workers, select beneficiaries to be supported by the program.
- Always maintain an up-to-date record of beneficiaries in terms of the number of families, children, adults, youth, and sex. Ensure that all records are well kept; maintain an excellent filing system in form of hard copies as well as in the computers.
- Facilitate open communication and coordination with other programs in the project area.
- Facilitate good working relationships with health facilities in the project area.
- A degree in Social Sciences / Community Development / Child Psychology or related disciplines.
- At least five years of experience working with vulnerable populations (children, youth, women)
- Previous experience in a youth-friendly facility will be an added advantage.
4. Psychologist (1 Position)
The job holder shall assess, diagnose and provide psycho-social support to address the psychological problems and the behavioral dysfunctions resulting from, or related to physical and mental health.
- Facilitate and coordinate the provision of professional counseling services for learners, adolescents, and staff with protection concerns by conducting individual and group sessions.
- Conducting relevant training on psycho-social wellbeing to program staff, support staff, and community structures to ensure the rights of the child are upheld.
- Ensure that staff are aware of their obligatory duty to report and record any incident or suspected child protection concern.
- Ensure compliance with the child protection policy and implementation of the same
- Plan, organize, and implement quality community sensitization forums in partnership with the program staff leading the Health and Leadership program and the Network for Excellence.
- Maintain an up-to-date confidential database on counseling clients
- Ensure timely production of activity/events reports as well as monthly reports as per the agreed timelines and documentation of lessons learned
- Proactively promote the need to prevent and protect children that Kakenya’s Dream staff comes into contact with from harm, injury, illness, or abuse.
- Ensure that all Child protection concerns and complaints are reported to the Clinic Manager within 24 hours of their occurrence and in line with the Child Protection Policy Standards on Reporting Concerns
- Facilitate regular opportunities to discuss concerns about practices within teams or with other colleagues to help develop a safe working environment and an open and supportive culture.
- Provide individual and group counseling to youths with identified concerns and needs.
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process as needed.
- Conduct a yearly audit to review the counseling needs and trends in the clinic, and the extent to which the Counseling program is effective in its implementation, based on the data collected and analyzed.
- Prepare the results of such analysis in a manner that makes it possible to share the information with different stakeholders: students, teachers, parents, and guardians.
- Other duties as assigned
- A diploma/degree in Counseling Psychology/Medical Psychology or related field
- At least two years of experience working with children and youth is desirable
- Registered with the Kenya Counselors and Psychologists Association (KCPA)
- Experience working with youth mental health programs is mandatory
- Experience in the sexual reproductive health field is an added advantage
- Ability to use a wide range of child counseling methodologies
- Positive attitude towards community work with an emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem-solving
5. Clinical Officer (1 Position)
The job holder shall ensure the delivery of high-quality clinical services at the health facility
- Provide Clinical Services in the facility
- To ensure implementation of recommended standards and procedures for clinical services.
- Diagnosing and treating patients’ ailments at an outpatient department in the health center
- Conducting primary health care activities/programs
- Counseling the youth and routine patients on healthy interventions
- Giving support and health education to patients
- Any other duties which may be assigned
- A diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Registration with a relevant professional body
- At least three years of experience in a busy health facility
- Experience working in a youth-friendly facility will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of clinical standards and procedures
6. Health Records Information Officer (1 Position)
The Job holder shall be responsible for ensuring proper records and data management systems and procedures to facilitate informed decisions at the facility.
- Responsible for implementation of the laid down standards, systems, structures, and procedures for health record and data management
- Ensures training of staff on record management policies, standards, and procedures
- To conduct quarterly data quality audits (DQAs) in the Facility and ensure timely follow-up actions to address shortcomings noted.
- Analyzing trends and communicating these to the management.
- Compile and maintain patient’s medical records to document conditions and treatment and provide data for research, cost control, and care improvement efforts.
- Participate in the preparation of outpatient and inpatient monthly reports.
- Filing, i.e., patients’ files, reports, notification forms, and other key correspondences.
- Process patient documents.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Collection and filing, including electronically, of reports of other departments on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Extract and analyze hospital data and statistics.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations
- Preparation of quarterly/monthly meeting minutes.
- Extracting from the Electronic Health Record hospital monthly reports.
- Maintaining hospital surveillance reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all medical records.
- A diploma in Health Records and Informatics.
- At least three years of experience in health records management in a busy health facility.
- Membership in a professional board.
- Comprehensive understanding of the health records system
The interested candidates should be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Good organization and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy
- Should be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Person of integrity
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your certificate of registration with the relevant professional body, resume and a cover letter indicating your expected salary and availability to email@example.com on or before the close of business on Tuesday 28th November 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kakenya’s Dream is a child-safe organization and all employees are expected to comply