Nova Pioneer is Hiring! Apply Now!
2024 Bus Assistants (Tatu City Schools) Job
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Fully embrace Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, parents, and members of the outside community.
- Work cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintain Door to door-to-door policy for pick-up and drop-off of pupils.
- Ensure that every pupil is seated and using a seatbelt before the commencement of every journey.
- Attend staff meetings that arise throughout the school year.
- Accompany, assist, and supervise pupils as they board/alight the bus and hand them to the designated guardian.
- Advise the Transport Manager of any improvement involving pick up and drop off of pupils by observing and tracking route timings.
- Convey any feedback/comment/inquiry from parents to the Transport Manager.
- Deliver medication and convey dosage instructions to the school nurse.
- Ensure that all pupils on the route are on board before the commencement of the journey.
- Communicate to the Transport Manager and School Dean regarding pupil behavior.
- Ensure all on board are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers.
- Maintain order and discipline in the school bus.
- Familiarize with all School bus routes and timings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned while not on route.
- Supervise the use of seatbelts by all pupils.
- Ensure that pupils don’t drink or eat while the bus is in motion to avoid choking.
- Ensure that pupils stand only when the bus comes to a complete halt.
- Take prompt action in times of distress such as accidents, focusing on students’ safety primarily.
- Follow the emergency procedure and work hand in hand with the driver to administer first aid where necessary.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Possess a diploma certificate. ECD will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work, monitor, and assist young children while on the bus.
- Must Possess a recent (not older than 6 months) Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Recommendation from 3 previous employers.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with school bus transportation.
- Ability to take care of pupils while on the bus.
- Client service and public interaction skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- First aid knowledge.
How To Apply