Director of ICT Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- Under the supervision of the Director General, the Director of IT will provide strategic leadership and technical expertise in managing the Information Technology function of the Authority. This role requires a deep understanding of IT infrastructure, systems development, cybersecurity, and emerging technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing IT strategies, policies, and initiatives to support the organization’s objectives and ensure the delivery of efficient and reliable IT services.
- Advise the Authority in development and implementation the IT strategy and roadmap in alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provide expertise in the planning, design, implementation, and management of the organization’s IT infrastructure, systems, networks, and applications.
- Ensure the availability, security, and reliability of IT systems and services, including data centers, servers, storage, networks, and cloud solutions.
- Advise the Authority in the development and implementation IT policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Lead the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new technologies and solutions to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage IT projects, including budgeting, resource allocation, and project tracking, to ensure timely and successful delivery.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans to mitigate the risks of system failures and data loss.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of robust cybersecurity measures, including network security, access controls, and incident response.
- Oversee the management of software development, maintenance, and support activities, ensuring adherence to software development lifecycle best practices.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, promoting the adoption of emerging technologies and best-in-class IT practices.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external stakeholders to understand their IT needs and provide solutions that align with business requirements.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships, including contracts and service level agreements, to ensure the delivery of high-quality IT services.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to IT, and provide recommendations on their application and impact.
- Develop and lead a high-performing IT team, providing guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in IT management and at least four (4) years in a management role position in the public service or private sector.
- Professional certifications in IT, such as CISSP, PMP, or ITIL
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution (2010).
- Experience developing strategic IT plans for organizations of similar size or largerorganizations.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, systems development, cybersecurity, and emerging technologies as well as IT governance frameworks, such as COBIT or ITIL.
- Solid understanding of network architecture, servers, storage, cloud solutions, and data center management.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of IT professionals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex IT issues.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients and external partners.
- Experience in project management methodologies and tools and deep familiarity with the agile development process and DevOps
How to Apply
The Authority offers a competitive package in line with its Human Resource Policies and Procedures and Public Service Guidelines.
Director level appointments shall be for a five (5) year contract term renewable subject to satisfactory
performance while the position of Deputy Director Human Resource Management shall be for three (3) years. The rest of the positions will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The full details of the advertisement can be accessed on https://www.ca.go.ke/about-us/work-withus/careers/
Documents to be submitted by the applicants
Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents: –
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Certificate of Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Dully filled and stamped Self-Declaration/Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- The Self-Declaration form from the EACC should indicate the respective position that is being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Submission of Applications
The application letter indicating the specific position and reference number should be addressed to:
The Director General
Communications Authority of Kenya
P.O. Box 14448
Applicants are invited to submit applications via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23rd June, 2023 at 5.00 p.m. East Africa Time.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Kenyans including Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply