Legal Secretary Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya 2023.
Title: Legal Secretary,
Location: Karen, Nairobi,
An upcoming Law firm in Nairobi with offices in Karen requires a legal secretary with experience in property law and conveyancing procedures to join their law firm.
- Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Partner/associates and other staff.
- Proofread legal documents to ensure accuracy in grammar and spelling.
- Filing, this will include daily filing of correspondence and documents and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files per detailed procedures.
- Manage, sort and distribute incoming mailings, deliveries and other communications, and prepare correspondence and enclosures for dispatch.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the Partner.
- Greeting and receiving clients and visitors and answering their inquiries.
- Act as a point of contact/liaison between the law firm and the clients.
- Drafting bills to clients and disbursement bills.
- Gather, manage and disseminate information to ensure the smooth running of the law firm.
- Take minutes and dictation during meetings.
- Diploma in Secretarial Work or equivalent.
- Must have three years of experience in a similar role (ideally with conveyance expertise).
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing.
- Produce and file documents (using the Case Management System).
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of legal terminology.
- IT literate – knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with lawyers, staff, vendors and external contacts.
- Must have a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to provide internal and external contacts with quality customer service regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
- Ability to accurately type at least 50 words per minute.
- Good planning and organization skills.