General Manager, Finance & Administration Job Kenya Investment Authority (Keninvest)
General Manager, Finance & Administration Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic financial advice, oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Managing Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status. He/She will also manage organizational cash flow and forecasting and further ensure optimal utilization and management of the Authority’s resources in functional areas of Finance, Human Resource & Administration in order to achieve strategic objectives of the Department
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing finance and human resources policies, regulations and strategies by ensuring effective and efficient utilization of finance and human resource in the Authority;
- Designing, developing and monitoring implementation of internal financial control measures and systems to safe guard the property and assets of the Authority;
- Carrying out Financial and Resource planning for the Authority including maintenance of financial records as well as preparation of Statutory accounts;
- Developing and managing the recruitment function, welfare of the Authority and other incentive schemes such as medical, employee insurance and other health and safety requirements;
- Regular reviewing of remuneration policy and structure, analyzing the staffing levels and advicing as appropriate on succession planning;
- Overseeing the professional development training program for staff and ensuring completion of annual performance appraisals;
- Providing appropriate guidance on the interpretation and implementation of financial and human resource regulations;
- Preparing, designing and maintaining a proper accounting and financial system;
- Overseeing the preparation of the core budget, providing technical support and advising line managers on budgeting, budget implementation and monitoring;
- Overseeing procurement, safeguarding and maintenance of assets of the Authority; and
- Overseeing staff assigned to the Authority and supporting Management committees as may be required.
Requirements for appointment
- Have a Master’s degree specializing in Finance/Accounts, Business Administration & Management or any other equivalent and relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts, BCom (Finance/Accounts option) or any equivalent and other relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Have at least twelve (12) years of experience five (5) of which must be in senior management in the public service or in a large and reputable organization in the private sector.
- Demonstrate results in work performance and ability to work with multigenerational staff.
- Be a Member in GOOD standing of a relevant Professional Body.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent and relevant.
- Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills including report writing;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and competence in the work performance;
- Strong resource mobilization skills with local and international development partners;
- Be IT proficient, analytical thinker and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task;
- Have Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, high leadership qualities, negotiation and personnel management skills; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Kenya Investment Authority
Compliance with Chapter 6 of the Kenyan Constitution
Successful candidate shall be required to meet the following compliance requirements and present them before engagement:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- A Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- A Clearance Certificate from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC); and
- A Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How To Apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply and can access the detailed job description and specifications from ‘Careers’ section at www.invest.go.ke and submit their ONLINE OR HARD COPY applications to The Ag. Managing Director, Kenya Investment Authority together with a cover letter for the position with a reference number and grade, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National identity card or passport and names and addresses of three referees marked “Job Ref No.8/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org OR dropped at Kenya Investment Authority, P O Box 55704-00200 Nairobi, 15th Floor-Old Mutual Tower -Upper Hill in the Tender Box Marked Procurement Application.
Applications in PDF format or Hard copy should be submitted by 30th August 2023. (No applications will be received or considered after the closing date.)
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the advert and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.