Procurement & Logistics (ProLog) officer job openings at DCA apply now!
DCA is seeking to recruit a competent, experienced and motivated Kenyan National for the position of Area Procurement & Logistics (ProLog) Officer. The position is based in Lodwar – with travel within Turkana County – and reports to the Area Programme Manager, basedin Kakuma,
The Area Prolog Officer is a key member of DCA’s Turkana team. The Area ProLog Officer will supervise and provide support to the Kakuma-based ProLog Assistant, with technical support from the Country Office (CO) ProLog Officer based in Nairobi.
- Ensure implementing partners and DCA staff in Turkana comply with DCA and donor procurement guidelines and policies.
- Ensure that DCA and implementing partners in Turkana have up-to-date procurement plans, revised quarterly.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date procurement tracker for the DCA-led projects in Turkana
- Launch, assess and ensure that tenders are awarded in a fair and open manner adhering to DCA and donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure that goods, services and works procured are of the right quality, in the right quantities, at the right price, delivered to the right place, at the right time (5 Rs).
- Inspect and ensure the quality of received goods, engaging technical experts where necessary.
- Review DCA and partner procurement documentation for completeness and accuracy, providing timely feedback to partners, finance, programmes and administration when required.
- Provide the required logistics support for project-related logistics.
- Compile, review and submit relevant monthly logistics reports.
- Ensure regular physical inventory checks are done of all assets and equipment, that appropriate storage conditions exist, and security of such items is ensured.
- Ensure the maintenance, management and functionality of all office equipment and assets including communication and IT items.
- Maintain and organise complete and accurate documentation and filing systems for all files (e-filing)
- Liaise with the CO ProLog Officer to arrange the required IT support services for DCA Turkana-based staff.
- Support budget planning of programs and project proposals with regard to logistics requirements.
- Participate in ProLog assessments of new partners, and periodic re-assessments of existing partners in Turkana.
- Support partners with tender processes when requested to do or when required according to the value of the procurement.
- Train and provide ongoing support to partners in project-related procurement processes, ensuring compliance with the relevant DCA and donor guidelines.
- Undertake partner support visits on a regular basis to follow up on the quality of ProLog procedures.
- Support the Area Programme Manager and the CO ProLog Officer (Safety & Security Focal Point) to:
- implement and updating logistics aspects of the area security plan to ensure resources and facilities are ready at all times for prevention/response and for either hibernation or evacuation.
- Monitor the security situation in DCA areas of operations and undertake risks assessments.
- Ensure the area security risk assessment and SoPs are updated and followed by staff.
- Implement systems to improve transparency, ensuring adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place.
- Support the CO ProLog Officer in the implementation of the CO ‘Green Procurement Plan’.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or any related field. Equivalent relevant professional experience is also accepted.
- Minimum of four years professional experience in logistics, supply chain management, contract management, procurement or other relevant experience.
- Experience supporting team members and partners, and confident in doing so in a proactive and positive way. Proven experience with training and mentoring.
- Prior experience working with (I)NGOs and international donors such as Danida, the EU, DG ECHO.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills. Should have a good sense of humour.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office, Teams and procurement software systems (DCA uses ADMIND)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize your own efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in conducting security site assessments and actioning security improvement plans
- Professional driving license.
About DCA: DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru and Nairobi counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA offers: The position is for a period of 24 months. DCA offers a competitive salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply via the Link https://dca.career.emply.com/en/national-positions.
The deadline for applications is 7th January 2024.
Any published closing dates are estimated. We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.