drivers urgently required- 2 positions APPLY NOW
DCA is seeking to recruit experienced and energetic Kenyan Nationals for the position of Driver to be based in Turkana County, DCA’s Lodwar office and Kakuma office. The driver will be engaged on a full-time basis.
The Kakuma based position will report to the Procurement and Logistics (ProLog) Assistant Kakuma and the Lodwar based position will report to the Procurement and Logistics (ProLog) Officer Lodwar.
- To provide safe and reliable transportation service to the assigned Programme / Project / Unit whenever called upon to do so.
- Safe driving of staff and other authorized partners as assigned.
- Ensuring that vehicle assigned is well cleaned, serviced, and maintained as required.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing.
- Ensuring personal compliance with the Government Traffic Act.
- Safeguarding all contents in the assigned vehicle.
- Reporting incidences and taking appropriate steps as per organizations rules and regulations.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records of vehicle work ticket and monthly fuel voucher booklet.
- Loading and offloading light weight project materials/ goods.
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum secondary education – KCSE.
- Clean driving license – Category B – Light vehicle (small cars/ mini-bus), Category C – Light Truck or Category D – PSV. (All New Category or its equivalent). Licensed tricycle drivers will have an added advantage.
- Basic computer skills are an advantage.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Driving experience of more than three (3) years preferably in a Non-Governmental Organization
- Experience driving in challenging terrain.
- Basic vehicle maintenance and repair skills. Basic knowledge of First Aid and other safety & security measures is advantageous.
Skills and Competencies
- High integrity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to deliver quality work with minimal supervision.
- Hard working and results oriented.
- Presentable, friendly and patient.
- Ability to plan and coordinate own tasks.
DanChurchAid (DCA) supports the poorest in the world in their struggle for a dignified life and helps people in need. We provide emergency relief in disaster-stricken areas and long-term assistance in the poor regions to create a more equitable and sustainable world. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA offers: The position is for a period of two years with a three-month probation period. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
How to apply
Apply online through: https://dca.career.emply.com/en/national-positions
Any published closing dates are estimated. We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible.
The deadline for applications is at COB on 7th January 2024
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for a period of two years (renewable) with a three-month probation period. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.