Driver Urgently Needed- Kenya National. Apply Now!
Posted7 Jul 2023 Closing date20 Jul 2023
Position Title: Driver
Reports To: Administration Manager
Division : Church World Service Africa
Department: Administration/ CWS Kenya
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: 2 National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for providing logistical support and driving for CWS staff and visitors when necessary.
This position reports directly to the Administration Manager.
- Provides transportation for the CWS staff and all visitors as guided.
- Ensures relevant vehicle documents are up to date and well displayed which include inspection stickers, insurance certificates, speed governor stickers and any other.
- Reviews vehicle performance and participates in replacement decisions.
- Cleans and cares for official CWS Africa vehicles; Conducts regular checks of vehicles to ensure that they are mechanically sound and in good working condition and reports any problems noted to the Supervisor.
- Ensures that the fuel level in each vehicle does not go below half tank.
- Posts and collects mail, weighs and affixes the correct amount /number of stamps on letters and packages.
- Maintains accurate records of deliveries made to other offices in the CWS Africa delivery book
- Carries out banking transactions as an agent as guided/requested.
- Assists project staff with basic field activities as needed e.g., field logistics.
- Assists Administration Manager in facility management and other office running roles.
- Assists HR and Administration Manager in on-boarding new drivers.
- Assist with Photo copying, scanning of documents and packing supplies for field team travel.
- Obtains quotations and makes simple purchases on behalf of the office and as per instructions by the Supervisor.
- Records every trip made in the mileage book or any provided logging tool/platform.
- Facilitates statutory payments and other utilities payments.
- Performs any other duties as required from time to time.
- Four years driving experience for both Manual and Automatic vehicles.
- Defensive driving required.
- Working knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics is required.
- Good working knowledge of Nairobi and its vicinity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Kenya rural areas and driving in foreign countries like Uganda and Tanzania.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
Education & Certifications:
- High School certificate required.
- B and C Category driving license
- Training on Defensive driving
- A1 Category driving license required.
The Driver must have the ability to:
- Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
- Deal effectively and courteously with many associates, outside agencies, applicants, and members of the public.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS Africa
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Carry out all the duties efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- take initiative.
- maintain strict confidentiality with CWS Africa administrative and operational information.
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required while maintaining a high level of motivation,
- effectively manage CWS Africa’s resources.
- Maintain the integrity of official records.
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS.
- Communicate in English, both written and oral.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is required for all successful candidates.
- Kenya Police Clearance Certificate is required before the start of employment.
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for CWS Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position always requires use of laptops, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program.
- Background check which includes references, and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements, and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to apply
Log onto CWS Careers site: https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/