Job Openings at CIHEB Kenya APPLY Today!
The Program Driver will be responsible for operating and maintaining vehicles with a focus on safety and staff courtesy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transportation to and from project sites, and other locations as assigned.
- Record and maintain records of trips according to established procedures.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records;
- Carry out safety briefing to passengers before each trip departure.
- Assist passengers including handicapped in and out of the vehicle.
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service.
- Respond to accidents or medical emergencies by notifying emergency, response providers, and carrying out First Aid pending the arrival of emergency personnel.
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of accidents and that required paperwork is submitted.
- Ensure that the vehicle has all required registrations/ licensing and inspections and that necessary documentation is retained in the vehicle.
- Ensure the vehicle has a sufficient amount of fuel, maintain the vehicle’s cleanliness, and ensure its security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at the office site.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project personnel.
- Experience driving in cities and familiarity with rural terrain and roads preferred.
- 4 years’ driving experience.
- Valid Kenya driver’s license.
- Ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle.
- Previous auto mechanic experience desired.
- Ability to project a neat and professional appearance.
- ‘O’ Level Certificate
- First Aid knowledge desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Basic automobile mechanical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Report writing skills and ability to read maps
- Computer literacy
How To Apply
Kindly send your application which includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 24th November 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “DICE SERVICE PROVIDER – MIGORI in the subject line