Driver Job Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB)
Driver Job, Latest Driver Jobs In Kenya,
ASB 9 REF:PSASB/6/2023
The position is responsible for timely, efficient and safe transportation of authorized persons, conveyance and delivery of effects and goods, maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) in a clean and mechanically sound condition and ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Board’s motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carry out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyres pressure and other related routine checks;
- Detect and report malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintain work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Maintain services and fueling schedules for allocated motor vehicles;
- Ensure security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensure safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Adhere to traffic highway code and safety precautions in order to avoid accidents and violations;
- Prepare quarterly report on the assigned vehicle including servicing, incidences / accidences, fuel consumption and repairs;
- Report any accidents and incidents related to the allocated vehicles; and
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent;
- Valid driving license for the classes authorized to drive;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test grade II for Drivers;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
Relevant work Experience
- Driving experience of a minimum period of six (6) years;
Deadline: 28th August, 2023 at 5.00pm.
How To Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the specified criteria, email your C.V, copies of academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents to the address email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the reference number on the subject of the email. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit clearance/compliance certificates from CID. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The PSASB is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing of any kind will lead to automatic disqualification. PSASB does not charge to process any application. Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.