I &M Bank is hiring ! Apply Today!
Assistant Manager- Centralized Reconciliation Job, Current Banking Jobs In Kenya,
The role holder is responsible for timely review, reconciling, and oversight of assigned Bank general ledgers to provide an internal financial control that ensures bank general ledger account balances are materially accurate, accurate exception reports are approved and shared with stakeholders within SLA, and operational process gaps are corrected.
- Reconcile and Oversee reconciliations of Branch/ treasury/ credit/ Digital loans suspense, Digital banking (utilities, settlement, transit, Floats, and suspense), Card operations (Collections, receivables, settlements, Transit, Card floats, Card debt portfolios, and Suspense), Nostro banks, Central Banks, Clearing, ATMs, Cash Deposit Machines within laid down procedures.
- Review and approve reconciliation reports.
- Analyse exception root causes, identify product process gaps and recommend product process improvement changes to AGM reconciliations and other stakeholders to avoid future recurrence.
- Review long outstanding open exceptions and Prepare summary outstanding exception reports.
- Attend to internal and external auditor queries and follow up for closure of outstanding audit issues.
- Ensure proper backup of reconciliation data and records through temporary storage archiving.
- Ensure exceptions escalated by officers are followed through to closure.
- Review customer complaint transaction success/ failure status advice prepared by officers before sharing it with stakeholders.
- Work with the reconciliation system implementation vendors to automate all reconciliation processes across the Bank.
- Update reconciliation procedures and reconciliation output report formats to facilitate ongoing improvement in the efficiency and quality of reconciliation processes.
- Work in liaison with products development, ICT, and operations departments to provide input in product set-up, transaction processing changes, and definition of required reports for reconciliation through the head of centralized.
- Co-ordinate Staff training requirements and mentorships to ensure that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross-product and cross-function job execution.
- Facilitate a high-performance culture through various engagements like quarterly check-ins and performance appraisal feedback for the reconciliation team.
- Provide Leadership and guidance to staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, Banking, or related field.
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience with at least a year in a supervisory management role in a similar-sized organization.
- Professional certification such as CPA/ACCA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Excellent judgment and analytical abilities and impeccable integrity.
- Strong commercial awareness and an ability to connect to business goals.
How To Apply
Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 20 November 2023.